Smaug


It's that time of year again.. That time when the sun stays out a little longer, and it becomes just a little harder to stay inside and crack open the books. The semester is winding down, and summer is so near I can taste it. The other night I took a break from work and watched the movie UP with my future roommates. Five boys and myself, oh what an adventure it'll be!! :)

My plans for the summer are still up in the air... intern at local museum, take summer classes, work? But putting aside what I have to do, I'm starting to compose a list of what I want to do. It's an ever-changing list, almost entirely dependent on my mood, but here's a sample:
  • Write - Poetry, short stories, update my blog (YAY!) Even writing letters to friends, letters which may or may not be sent.
  • Take photos - I want to catalog this summer. I don't want to forget these moments
  • Bike - 30 miles? 40 miles? 50?! I want to race long distances and take this sport seriously. I think I may have found a passion that I refuse to give up
  • Redefine my wardrobe - Or well, define might be the right word. I am going to go through every single item in my wardrobe. Doesn't fit, smells, looks weird? I'm tossing them out, donating them, or maybe even redesigning them.. and treating myself to some style. :)
  • Cook - This may be the hardest thing on my list, but it is one of the most important. A new recipe a week? If that's too ambitious, maybe one every other week? Regardless, I'm going to pull out some pots and pans and (hopefully) whip up something delicious.. Or sustainable at least.
This summer will be a time for me. Figuring out what I want in life, who I want to keep in my life. I'm going to be selfish and self-reliant, stubborn and sincere in my words.

I absolutely cannot wait... Summer, come now - I'm ready




1 Response
  1. I am *so* looking forward to summer!

    I just wanted to pop over and say thank you for entering the giveaway for my Karma Cards over on the Much Love blog. We've got a few sets left for sale if you're still keen! (cough, shameless self-promotion, cough) ;D


Post a Comment